Friday, November 24, 2023

Notice of Intent to Update and Correct Federal Tax Procedure Book Practitioner and Student Editions (11/24/23)

I have been pointed to and discovered myself some errors in the August 2023 editions of the Federal Tax Procedure that I feel need to be corrected by an interim edition before the next scheduled publication in August 2024. Some are minor issues that most readers could identify and mentally correct in context. Others (although thankfully not many) are errors in substance that escaped my attention and therefore, the opportunity to correct. Others are purely stylistic-for example, all case citations were italicized (earlier editions underlined case citations); I changed that in the 2023 working draft for the 2023 editions; for some reason unknown to me, WordPerfect's publish to pdf routine eliminated the italicizing for the cases. (That routine had the benefit of producing a bookmarked Table of Contents.) Adobe Acrobat's print drive will preserve the original formatting (including italics for cases), so that is print process I will use for the revision/update. (Although it will not produce a bookmark table of contents; oh well.)

The revision/update versions will be "red-lined" to show changes in the 2023 editions since I published the originals in August 2023. Those changes will be both correction of errors as noted above, plus new matters I added after the August 2023 editions. (I tend to stay reasonably up to date for new matters and corrections throughout the year, so most material new matters since August 2023 will be in the revised editions.)

I hope to get the revised editions out by the end of the year so that it can be available for academic periods starting in January 2024. I am not sure what to call it. Perhaps mimicking software updates, I will call the editions 2023.1 editions.

I apologize for this inconvenience to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment